Thursday, November 8, 2012

Nicolet Candle Company (Review)

I love this time of year! The smell of the crisp fall air, the sound of the leaves crunching under your feet as you walk, the smell of bonfires burning in the distance. Yep, Fall is definitely in full swing and with Fall comes thoughts of Thanksgiving and Christmas, the smell of pumpkin pie and gingerbread cookies baking in the oven. Don't you just love the way certain scents can evoke memories of your childhood?!

 I remember, when I was a kid, my Mom would always use mulberry potpourri in our house (back when potpourri was still "in") and even to this day, when I smell mulberry potpourri, it reminds me of my Mom. 

Certain scents have always had a way of making me feel better. When I smell vanilla or almond, I feel relaxed and calm, like eating a warm sugar cookie fresh from the oven, while a citrusy scent like orange or lemon, feels bright and energizing. Or the way smelling my husband's cologne has a way of making me feel safe, or the way a fresh towel, washed in my favorite detergent and Downy Unstopables (Green canister) makes me feel a sense of accomplishment (having clean towels IS an accomplishment in my house, don't judge).  It's really amazing how the brain works that way. 

 I love burning candles in my home. It just seems so much more inviting with a candle lit, but I am super careful with the little one around. I never leave a candle burning unattended, always burn on a fireproof surface and I never burn one more than 3 hrs at a time. Sometimes I'll just burn one for an hour or so, so I really like a highly fragranced candle, to get the best bang for my buck. 

 I recently had the opportunity to check out some really nice candles from the Nicolet Candle Company... these candles are AMAZING!!!  I chose the cinnamon vanilla scented candle and I LOVE it.

 It smells great, even before I lit it. This candle is so much better than most candles I've bought. It burns clean, no smoking from the wick, it burns smooth, all the way down, not just in the middle. It is made from 100% all natural non GMO soy wax. The containers are made from recycled glass and even the packaging the candle arrived in was made from recycled content. There are tons of great scents to choose from, especially for the holidays including, Twigs and berries, cedar and pine scent, ginger and fig and tons more. There's definitely a scent for every taste.  Nicolet candles are a great gift for Mom or  Wife (Hint Hint, Honey) or even for a hostess gift. They come beautifully packaged and ready for gifting. Simply wrap it, throw a bow on it and you're done! Do yourself a favor and  check out all the wonderful choices at the Nicolet Candle Company, I promise you won't be disappointed!!!

Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned products to facilitate my review. I was not monetarily compensated for this review nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. My opinions are my own and yours may differ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment