Sunday, December 30, 2012

Confetti Krispie Treats.. Perfect For a New Year's Party

Using just three simple ingredients, you can make this yummy variation of the classic Rice Krispies Treats.

I call them Confetti Krispies Treats, because they look like regular Rice Krispies Treats with confetti in 'em and it just sounds more festive... I'm a creative genius, I know. It is my burden and I must bear it alone, along with being painfully beautiful, unamusingly rich and effortlessly socially eloquent. 

 

 

I digress. (a lot, ask my husband)  

 

What You Need:

1/4 Cup Butter

5 1/2 Cups of Mini Marshmallows

5 1/2 Cups of Fruity Pebbles(ish) Cereal

  

Directions:

Melt butter in a large pan, over low heat. (Don't get hasty and turn the heat up, it will scorch when you add the marshmallows and ruin the whole batch, just keep your panties on and let it melt slowly)

When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows to the pan and stir 'til they are completely melted. 

Add the cereal to the pan and stir 'til all ingredients are fully incorporated.

Pour mixture into a well greased 9x13 pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon. I find it works best if you spray the spoon with some non stick spray.

Let them set for a couple of hours before trying to cut 'em. 

Store in an air tight container or Ziploc baggie for maximum freshness.

 

These are so easy to make (and eat) and are always a hit whenever I make 'em for the kids.

If you're really crafty and adventurous (I am neither), you can use cookie cutters and cut the treats into fun shapes, but the kids probably won't appreciate it or even notice, so why bother?! 

Mazel Tov!


 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there,
Just stopping over from the blog hop to admire your page! I'm now following you on "Networked blogs"! If you have a moment to stop by my new blog and follow back that would be wonderful! You can find me at http://dysfunctionsjunction.com
Thanks!
Katie

Post a Comment