Thursday, July 12, 2012

Crab Strata

This is a great recipe I kind of threw together last night. I was going to make a quiche, and realized I had some hamburger buns that needed to be used up and hence, I invented the crab strata.... Technically, I didn't "invent" it but you know what I mean. What you need: 4 Hamburger buns or any kind of thick bread will work (torn into pieces) 1 pkg imitation crab meat 6 Eggs 1/2 Cup Milk 1 Cup Yellow, Red and Orange peppers (chopped) 1 Medium onion (chopped) 4 or 5 Pieces of American cheese 1/2 Sleeve crushed Ritz crackers Salt and pepper to taste Butter a 9x13 casserole dish. Add the torn pieces of bread, sprinkle the peppers and onions over the bread, add the Crab on top, in an even layer. Lightly beat eggs and milk and pour over the bread, peppers, onions and crab. Tear the cheese into triangles and cover the mixture, cover with crushed Ritz crackers. Bake @ 350 for 30 mins.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment