Monday, July 16, 2012

Creamed Sweet Corn

Nothing says "Summer" like fresh sweet corn, but I get kinda bored with plain ol' corn on the cob, so tonight, I decided to cream it... Yes, I know, I'm such a rebel. (I have a few tattoos to prove it, too, none of which are corn related)
I've never made creamed corn from scratch, so I did what I usually do... I googled several recipes online... Then I "Frankenstein" a new recipe out of the aforementioned Googled recipes, try them and then share them with you guys.... It's totally legal, I googled it.
Enjoy!  : )
What you need:
4-6 Ears of fresh sweet corn (shucked & cleaned)
2-3 Tbsp Sugar (for boiling)
1 block of cream cheese (cubed)
1/4 cup (more or less, depending on desired consistency) Milk or half & half
Salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Sour cream
Bring a large stock pot full of water to a boil. Add the sugar. When water is at a full boil, carefully add the ears of corn. Cover with a lid & boil for 5-7 minutes. Drain corn. When the corn has cooled enough to handle, carefully cut it off the cob. Add cut corn + all other ingredients to a pan & simmer on low til it's smooth & creamy. You could also do this in a crockpot & substitute with a bag of frozen corn.
Note: Always allow frozen foods to come to room temp before adding to crockpot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment