Friday, June 1, 2012

Another Year Older

I'm not much of a drinker, but there are 2 times a year I really enjoy having a drink or two... New Year's Eve, to celebrate a fresh start to a new year, and my birthday, so I can try to forget exactly how old I am becoming.
This year's birthday drink was kind of a happy little accident. As my birthday was coming to a close yesterday, I was sitting, reflecting on the past year's events, when it hit me... I'll be damn near !60! when Micah graduates high school... I'm definitely waaaay too sober for this, and I headed to the kitchen. My pickin's were kinda slim. The only suitable drink making ingredients I could find were...some old cotton candy vodka, left over from who know's when, a half a glass of white grape juicy juice and some sugar-free Hawaiian Punch (don't judge me, desperate times call for desperate measures).
  I figured this would be a great time to use my "Live Laugh Love" custom engraved chalice I won from Stella Artois. So I grabbed a 3 oz shot glass and started mixing away...
What you need:
1 shot Pinnacle™ cotton candy vodka
1 shot white grape juice
A splash of red Hawaiian Punch
Mix the vodka & white grape juice in a glass, over ice and carefully float the fruit punch on top...that's it...Enjoy!
Ya know, I actually came to a realization last night.... I realized, There's nothin better than drinking strong liquor from a free chalice to make you forget that you are officially older than dirt.  
Happy Birthday to me!
: )


0 comments:

Post a Comment