Monday, June 11, 2012

Crockpot Bbq Baked Beans

This is one of my very favorite "cookout foods". This is actually my mom's  recipe, the one I grew up on. (with a tweak or 2 of my own)
I remember, we grilled out lots when I was a kid since my birthday falls right around Memorial Day, we usually had a cookout that weekend and several other times throughout the summer.
Don't you love the way certain foods can evoke fond childhood memories. For me, this is one of those recipes.
What you need:
2 Cans of plain pork & beans
1 Medium onion (finely diced)
1 Clove of garlic (minced)
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
2 Tbsp Bbq sauce (I always end up using more, but 2 is a good starting point)
2 Tbsp ketchup
3 or 4 strips of cooked/crumbled bacon.
Add all ingredients to crockpot & simmer on low all day or at least 'til warmed thru. The longer you cook 'em, the better they taste.
*stock photo from google*

0 comments:

Post a Comment