Monday, December 10, 2012

Thank God For Boogie Wipes!

You can definitely tell it's almost winter.

The squirrels are hiding their nuts, there are Santas and bell ringers everywhere you look, they have snow up in the mountains, I see new Christmas tree lots popping up on every corner and then there's boogers... lots and lots of boogers.

 

Starting with the oldest and ending with the youngest and everyone in between, we have all officially caught the crud.

 

The sight of the Kleenexes soiled with copious amounts of nasal secretions, mixed with the scent of a weekends worth of dirty dishes piling up in the sink would probably be enough to knock a normal person down, but not me... not because I'm just that tough, but because my nose has been stopped up for four days straight. 

 

Sure I have fleeting moments of smell/taste, but they are infrequent and short lived.

 

Luckily, I've had some help.

Between the two of us, Midlife Daddy and I have been able to keep the little one from escaping, starving, killing and/or maiming himself or anyone else, wearing the same clothes more than one day or write on the walls.

 We weren't quite as successful in keeping him from crumbling up an entire serving of Goldfish crackers onto the carpet... Sometimes You have to pick your battles when sick.

It never ceases to amaze me how much energy a sick toddler can have. Me, I just want to lay down and wave the white flag, but not a toddler. They seem to have super-human powers when sick, or maybe it's just that he can sense that I'm weak and wounded and he is just toying with me, like some sick, twisted, toddler version of cat & mouse.

 

Being sick SUCKS!

Especially when your husband is sick too, because it has been scientifically proven that a Man's cold is four times worse than a woman's cold.

 Something about our DNA or something. 

It was on the news, my husband told me, it came on last night when I got up to blow my nose for the twenty seven hundredth time.

On the plus side, I know I definitely have a job waiting for me if Rudolph gets drunk and flakes out on Santa again this year... (It's a well known fact he's a lush, but nobody likes to talk about it)

My nose is so sore and red from using sub-par "Kleenexes", it's not even funny!

I, being the good Mom that I am, used all the good ones on the baby, who I'm sure didn't even appreciate the selfless act I had bestowed on him. 

... I digress...

After about day two, it was getting critical. I was down to using toilet paper on the baby, and kitchen paper towels on myself. I thought to myself...

 "How cool would it be if there was a tissue that was soft and a little bit moist, kinda like a baby wipe, but not quite as wet, something to wipe the baby's nose (and mine too) that won't be so rough and dry"

Then I thought...

 

"Wouldn't it be great if there was someone here to fix me some soup"

 

Then I went back to my initial thought, and remembered there WAS something like that. 

 

I had received some Boogie Wipes products in the mail about a week or so ago, but hadn't used them yet.

I hurried to the bedroom where I keep all my blogger review goodies, I opened the box and lo and behold, with choirs of singing angels, fireworks, glitter and the whole nine yards, there were the Boogie Wipes.

There were two different scents, fresh and grape, but I thought the little one would like the grape best.

So I took one out and proceeded to corral Micah into the living room, onto the couch, so I could wipe the boogers that had escaped his nose.

He squirmed and wiggled, in typical fashion, as to not have his nose wiped again, or just 'cause he thought it was funny to see me cry, either way, he fought me.

I explained to him that it was not gonna hurt and told him it smelled like grapes, his interest was piqued, he came in closer to smell the wipe and that's when I got him.

One quick swipe across the nose and I got it!

 The boogers that had just moments before been adorning that sweet cherubic little face, were now safely trapped in the Boogie Wipe...and there was no wailing & gnashing of teeth or crying (from me or him). 

I am officially in love with the Boogie Wipe!

These wipes smell so good, especially the grape one, it smells just like grape Hubba-Bubba Bubblegum. The wipes are soft and just the right size to do the job with one wipe, so you're not wasting them. The wipes are made from all natural saline, so no worries of harsh chemicals or parabens. They even have an unscented wipe coming in 2013.

Boogie wipes "Save the Sleeve" campaign is a fun, interactive way to teach kids that it is not cool or OK to wipe your nose on your sleeve. You can learn more about this fun campaign by visiting...

...Save the Sleeve...  <---

There you can do all kinds of fun activities with your child and they can take the clean sleeve pledge and get their very own "I Saved My Sleeve" FREE badge kit. 

Boogie Wipes are available online at tons of stores nationwide, including most Target, WalMart, Babies R Us, and Kroger stores.

Be on the lookout for their new Cotton Candy scent, coming soon. (That reminder was mostly for my benefit, I am a cotton candy scented stuff junkie, I can not wait to try these)

Boogie Wipes come in several sizes and buying options. For the home daycare, or teacher, they have a nice package including... 2 Ninety count canisters (fresh & grape), 2 thirty count packs (fresh & grape),50 samples with coupons and 1 classroom poster. This is available to professionals only and can be ordered by visiting... LittleBusyBodies.com . 

 

The nice folks over at Boogie Wipes want you to be able to see how awesome their products are, so they're giving away 2 thirty count packs of Boogie Wipes to one lucky reader.

I am glad to announce that this contest is open to residents of the USA, Canada and Australia. 

Check out the easy Promosimple form below to get your entries in.

GOOD LUCK!!!

   

Disclaimer: The nice folks at Boogie Wipes provided me with product to facilitate this review. I was not required to publish a positive post. My opinions/experiences are my own and yours may differ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment