Sunday, November 4, 2012

Christmas Spirits (Tasting Room Wine Review)

With Thanksgiving and Christmas quickly approaching, my thoughts turn to all things wonderful about fall... cooler weather, football games, at least two opportunities to stuff my face with my Mom's yumtastic potato casserole, getting and giving some awesome presents, spending lots of time with family... and wine, lots & lots of wine, to deal with spending lots of time with family. 

 Seriously though, I do enjoy having a glass of wine every now and then, unfortunately I'm not too good at picking out which one I will like and I end up going to the liquor store, getting frustrated and picking a bottle strictly on the "prettiness" of the bottle and I end up with a whole bottle of some stuff I can't even drink.... Womp Womp Womp Epic drink fail! 

                                                                      So you can imagine my delight when I found Tasting Room.com. Tasting Room is a full service wine distributor. They offer wine by the glass, wine samplers, wine by the bottle and even wine themed gift boxes. 

I received the Sweet Wines sampler box and it included,  6 different  1.7 oz bottles of wine (the size of the airplane bottles). They were nice and securely packaged and arrived at my door in a very timely manner. The box came complete with a description of each bottle and some info about the vineyards, as well as a "scorecard" for use when tasting the wines. It had a picture of each bottle of wine, along with a space to take notes on the flavor and color and such.  Due to the shipping regulations, I had to be at home to sign for this, and as much as it's kind of a pain in the butt to wait for the fed Ex guy, it also lets me know that minors are probably not going to be receiving products from this site... not easily anyways.

The wines I received were really good for the most part. There was only one in the whole lot that I really didn't care for, it was a very stout red and I'm more of a demure fruity white kind of gal. I really appreciated how the sampler came with a handy placard in which I was able to write my opinions on, because after tasting 3 or 4, you can often forget which was which.   

                                                                                My absolute favorite was the 2010 Muscato Allegro from California. It was a very sweet white, with top notes of juicy peach and undertones of vanilla and honey. It was very reminiscent of a peach wine I used to drink way back in the day. It was like a nice cool summer day on the front porch. I really loved this wine and lucky me, it's only $10.95 a bottle. Thanks to Tasting Room.com, now when I go to the liquor store, I will be a much more informed customer and know exactly what I want. 

 

Just in time for your holiday shopping needs, Tasting Room.com also offers tons of gift sets and there are options for every budget. Ranging in price from under $30 all the way up to over $100 there's sure to be something for everyone on your list.   

 




Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned products to facilitate my review. I was not monetarily compensated for this review nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. My opinions are my own and yours may differ.

           

0 comments:

Post a Comment