Monday, November 26, 2012

Give the Gift of Scent (Cyber Monday Special)

Ever since I can remember, I've been in love with scents. When I was younger, my cousin had one of those D.I.Y. perfume kits, Barbie I think it was, and every time I went to her house, I begged to play with it.

 Each bottle in the kit contained a different scent and you could mix them together to make your own perfume and name it and color the label and it was oh so AWESOME... except all the perfumes smelled like rosewater and old Grandma.

Since then my taste in perfumes has become much more refined... thank goodness.

I recently had the opportunity to check out some really nice perfume oils from The Fragrance Shop.  

I love that all these scents are oil based and contain zero alchol or fillers! There are several advantages to using oil over alcohol based perfumes, but  the length of wear and strength of scent are the two main reasons I prefer this form of perfume to others.

 For this review, I chose 2 men's scents, 2 women's scents and 2 "teen" scents.

The Happy type for men was AMAZING! It was just like the original, except the scent lasted way longer and was more intense than the original, alcohol based perfume. As was the Ralph for men I chose. If you put both these fragrance oils next to the original, you would not be able to tell which is which.

 The Burberry Body for women was so spot on, and I would definitely be able to tell a cheap knock off from the original, as this is one of my absolute favorite scents. The Eternity for women was really nice, more of a summery scent, as it's more flowery and I like to wear more dark spices in the fall and winter.

 The Pink Sugar and Very Vanilla scents that were sent to me were so sweet and heavenly. I loved the Pink Sugar, it smelled like if cotton candy and a vanilla bean had a baby and you squeezed that sugary little baby into a bottle... yep, it's like that. When I wore it, I kept smelling something yummy, then I realized it was just me. This would definitely be a hit with the younger crowd. 

 Bundles Of Joy

The Fragrance Shop has tons of different ways to purchase your favorite fragrance and if you're unsure which one you'd like, you can choose a sample pack, it contains 5 sample bottles, of your choosing and with all their choices you're definitely going to find something you like. The sample pack may seem a bit pricey at $30, but if you purchase the sample pack, you automatically get a $30 credit toward your next purchase, it's a win-win! 

I am so in love with The Fragrance Shop's awesome products. Check out their website and order a bottle of your favorite or even do a little bit of Christmas shopping. Today only (Cyber Monday) they're even offering a buy 1 get 1 and a buy 2 get 1 special on their bath and fragrance products. Click on the pic below for more info.

Buy One Fragrance - Get One Free. Our Biggest Sale Of The Year. Ends Cyber Monday @ Midnight (PST)



Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned products to facilitate my review. I was not monetarily compensated for this review nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. My opinions are my own and yours may differ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment