Thursday, November 29, 2012

I Want You To Know Me (Book Review)


 


"The fabric of a family is not so much woven with memories, it's woven together with the unique characteristics of who we are... Innies and outies, bushy eye brows, long legs and laughs that sound alike for generations. They are the threads that define us as individuals and join us as families."

...Vickie Mullins

Author of the  "I want YOU to know ME" series of books.

 

When I was approached to review this book, I went to the website to see exactly what it was all about, what I found was the truly heartbreaking story of a young mother who was fighting an un-winnable battle with Melanoma that had metastasized to her brain.

 Shelly Rekalaitis, was a 35 year old mother of four children all under the age of five. When Shelly realized she was not going to be around to see her children and for them to see and know her, she knew she had to do something to keep her presence alive. 

From that tragic inspiration came a line of books that anyone can appreciate. The "I Want You To Know Me" series is a collection of books designed to give the reader an intimate look at who you are, what you like or don't, all your physical characteristics and some quirky things about you that the reader might not have known, in an easy to fill in question and answer format.

Some of the questions from "I want YOU to Know ME, Love Mom"  are...

"What's your favorite sleeping position?"

"Do you have a widow's peak?"

"What makes you smile?"

"Are you messy or neat?"

"Do you have a nervous habit?"

 

This book will make a great family keepsake, to pass down from generation to generation. There are several books in this series, including... Mom & Dad, Grandma & Grandpa, Dad, Grandpa, Grandma, Me and Your American Hero.

 With all these different selections, you are sure to find one to fit your family's needs.

 The "I Want You to Know Me, Love Grandma" book would make a really special Christmas gift for your Grandma, imagine how much interesting info you could glean from spending an afternoon filling out all the questions in the book with her. You might even find out some good juicy family gossip you never knew before. 

I think this is a gift you really should give to yourself, for your kid's sake. Everyone always wishes they'd had these little tidbits of info about their Mom, unfortunately, usually by the time we get around to it, it's too late to go back and collect it.

 Check out the "I Want YOU To Know ME" website for ordering info. 


Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned products to facilitate my review. I was not monetarily compensated for this review nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. My opinions are my own and yours may differ.

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment