Friday, November 23, 2012

New Carmex Lip Conditioner Product Review

With cold weather comes a myriad of skin issues, from rough dry hands to dry face and the ever present dry chapped lips. I'm always looking for a good solution when it comes to protecting and healing dry skin and Carmex has a product for all these needs.

Carmex has a brand new product just in time for the "winter lips" that inevitably affect us all.

 

Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner is like lotion for your lips. The consistency of this product is very light, it's not the usual Carmex you're probably used to. It also has a nice orange flavor. It has a bit of the Carmex tingle you're used to, but not the menthol taste that can be kind of off putting, in the original Carmex lip treatment. It is smooth, not gloppy or glossy and absorbs quickly. Since it's matte, you can use it as a base for lipstick.

Carmex lip conditioner has 13 skin loving moisturizers and feels amazing on my lips. I love that it's not heavy and goopy, like some other lip products can be.

Here's some info I found on their site that explains exactly how it works...

 

  • Your skin’s lipid bilayer is made up of two layers of fatty acids; its job is to help keep moisture in the skin. Our Lip Conditioner includes lanolin, which replicates the way the lipid bilayer in your skin retains moisture.
  • Our formula includes dimethicone to aid with moisturization and protect the tender skin on your lips.
  • Our Lip Conditioner uses allantoin to effectively aid with moisturization plus help healing.

I've been using this product for about a week and I can definitely tell a difference in the look and texture of my lips and it was an immediate change, it didn't take days or weeks of use. They are not dry and cracked like they tend to be at this time of year and the orange flavor is a nice change from the usual heavy menthol flavor associated with Carmex products. Since it's not glossy, this product is suitable for both men and women. You can get more info, including where to find it in a store near you on their website.


Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned products to facilitate my review. I was not monetarily compensated for this review nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. My opinions are my own and yours may differ.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment