Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Let the inoculation begin...

Today's adventure arose out of necessity... Micah has been on a crazy yogurt kick lately, going through almost a whole box of the "tubes" in a single day. After reading the ingredients and adding up the cost, I thought "There has to be a better way" (besides buying stock in the company who makes "the tubes") So as I read lots of D.I.Y. yogurt recipes on google, mostly consisting of warnings of strict temperature requirements and the like, I became discouraged. Thinking I was doomed to forever be a slave to "the tubes", I gave up... Until I found the easiest D.I.Y. yogurt recipe EVER!!! It consists of 3 things... A crockpot, milk & a "starter". In this case, the starter is 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt. I am 6 hours into my yogurt adventure, and we'll know in the morning if it worked. If it turns out as wonderful as I imagine, I'll post a link to the recipe. *Fingers crossed* :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment