Thursday, May 24, 2012

Love Starbucks?

I love Starbucks™ iced coffee drinks, but I'm not too fond of the prices.  Instead of giving up my favorite guilty pleasure, I decided to try to make my favorite iced coffee drinks at home.  Common sense would say, just brew coffee & add ice... Not really the best way to go. The ice melts quickly and waters down the rich coffee flavor.  So after some research & trial and error, here's what I found works best.
What you need:
1 cup ground coffee (flavored or plain)
2 qts water
Empty half gallon milk or juice container with lid
Add coffee to container and fill with water. Shake a few times to get the coffee completely saturated. Leave out on the counter, overnight.
In the morning, strain out the grounds with a wire strainer, lined with cheesecloth or a coffee filter.
That's it! Pour coffee over ice, add your favorite creamer, enjoy.
You can make lots of different flavors by mixing coffee flavors & flavored creamers. My personal favorites are, toffee flavored coffee with caramel macchiato creamer or mocha flavored coffee with white chocolate raspberry creamer. The possibilities really are endless.
: )
*stock photo from Google*

0 comments:

Post a Comment